Friday, July 18, 2008

Arrived in Quito !!










Somewhere between Manchester and London












My Yotel Pod











Approach to Quito

The train journey from Manchester to London was relatively uneventful. I met Larissa and her sister Saskia (both of whom I have known the 29 years of my existence) for a couple of drinks and then made my way to Heathrow on the tube to access my pod (www.yotel.com). 4 m2 of pure practicality. Despite a very comfy bed I didn't get to that much sleep. Partly due to the exitement and partly due to a sliding door which kept opening and closing. After a complimentary bottle of water from the chekout desk I made my way to Iberia counter in Terminal 2 to check my baggage in. The ady at the desk politely informed me that I had been upgraded to Business Class for my flight from Madrid to Quito. How civilized is all I could think of. After rushing through adrid Airport I installed myself in my fully automated seat the size of our livingroom couch. After complimentary champagne ( I was torn but ended up going for the water - I know I was lame) I had a look at the menu and opted to feast on the smoked tuna and gazpacho followed by the pigs knuckle and quince main course which I devoured alongside the sommelier's choice of red wine. I finished with the rasperry sorbet. I entertained myself playing with the chair and watching a couple of movies, had some real sleep and dreamt that I would never have to fly cattle class again! Whilst in the toilet I realized that the set of pants my parents gave me had a big rip down the bag. I must have looked like a total hobo prancing around the business class cabin in little more than a loin cloth. I passed immigrations without a hitch and checked into the Hostal Vagabundo, which I had stayed in previously. I am now sitting in the Magic Bean (a horrible tourist hang out saved my the fact that they have free wireless and amazing smoothies and milkshakes) downing a banana-milkshake and munching on sme ibuprofen and paracetamol to get rid of a splitting headache... Life is hard (sigh)  ;)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

que bien...me gustan. Y eso del libro. A ver si lo haces no??
juli

11:19 AM  
Anonymous Floresqjdw said...

que bien...me gustan. Y eso del libro. A ver si lo haces no?? juli

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home