Saturday, February 21, 2009

It's official I fly out to Ecuador on the 2nd of March and return on the 14th. Although the meeting is only on from the 9th - 11th I want to make use of the time to tie up a few loose ends and photograph a few things that I didn't get the chance shoot on the last trip. I also found a new blog today! It's published by the NY Times and is called Dot Earth. It is written by Andrew Revkin with the support of grant from the Guggenheim foundation (I wanna get me one of those someday).  The blog makes an interesting read. One entry in particular links in Lydia Polgreen's piece on infrastructure development in Gabon by looking at road networks in the Brazilian Amazon. One of the latest entries looks at armed conflicts and environmental protection after reading a recent paper published in the journal Conservation Biology. Revkin's entry makes the very valid point that as natural resources start to dwindle, global warming kicks and more people start to migrate as a consequence conflicts, might intensify.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home